This blog was created for the purpose of telling stories and events about mainly two family lines...the Jones (my maternal) side of the family and the Silva (my paternal) side. However there are other branched off lines such as the Bojorquez, De Leon, Neilson, and the Rubel sides (and many others) that are to be mentioned as well, as they go farther back. I have wonderful pioneer history and many of my ancestors originally come from places including Denmark, Hungary, England, Sweden, Norway, Mexico, Spain, and Portugal. These are my loved ones...and these are their stories.

My Testimony

About Me:

I love blogging! It's like an 'easy' journal for me. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...and I love being a Mormon. I have a firm belief of the promise given to Elijah of how the hearts of the children will turn to their fathers. This is why I have created this blog, so that I may be able to help in the fulfillment of that promise and complete more fully my Family History work and preserve the memories of my ancestors for generations to come. My Heavenly Father is so good to me and I know he will help me in all-aspects of this work.

I Belong To...

Photobucket

Family Search

Family Search
Find your own ancestors!

Find-A-Record

Social Security Death Index

Social Security Death Index
And don't forget clicking here to search through Death Index records...

Pinterest find your ancestors here

Roots Tech

Roots Tech
Listen to the latest Family History Conference updates here

Puzilla.org

Puzilla.org
Fan chart your family quick and easy!

Do you have Pioneer Ancestors?

Do you have Pioneer Ancestors?
Find out here!

Find a Grave

Find a Grave
Great website to help fill the gaps in your missing information!

Check out Hermana Silva's missionary blog:)

Check out ELDER Silva's missionary blog:)

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Missing Grandpa.

While I was on my mission, about three weeks into the MTC, we lost the patriarch of our family due to bone cancer. We are all so grateful he went quickly and that he wasn't in pain for an extended period of time.

Reasons I love my Grandpa Jones:


  • Because he sang "Oh by gosh, by golly- it's time for mistletoe and holly" every Christmas. Frank Sinatra's "Oh by gosh, by golly."
  • Because he called my Grandma, "Rose" (even though that's not her name haha)
  • Because of his love for horses (what a cowboy)
  • Because he loved John Wayne movies!
  • Because he let me play piano that one time during a golf tournament on TV
  • Because he'd show up at the door randomly for a visit
  • Because he married Grandma
  • Because he took my brother and I on horseback riding trips to Caribou National Forest
  • Because whenever he walked in a room he always cleared his throat (humph, hmm, hmmm)
  • Because he'd always fall asleep with his mouth open
  • Because he loved road trips visiting his grandchildren
  • Because he cared about his pioneer ancestors
  • Because he loved grandma's good food as much as I do!
  • Because he brought us a trampoline one day after school
  • Because he let us dog sit "Molly"
  • Because he always smelled so good when he hugged me
  • Because he called me "sweetheart"
  • Because he and Grandma would come all the way to Rexburg to take me out to dinner when I was at school
  • Because he'd often slip me money as a poor college student
  • Because his testimony of the gospel was brighter than the sun.
  • Because he loves the savior
  • Because he's tough
  • Because we both get to be missionaries together now!

Oh how I miss this sweet Grandpa J of mine. I know I will see him again someday. 
Love you Grandpa. 





No comments:

Post a Comment